Sunday, July 4, 2010

Untitled

I've placed myself upon a structure, one that may be monumental to some. But not to those merely because of height, but merely because of the modern beauty and "necessity" which makes it up. The night is that of explosions, smacks, pops and glory. Upon where I am placed, I receive a panoramic view of what may become but am uninspired. The overbearing enormity of those forms that appear for three seconds at somewhat wasted on me. I try to appreciate them for their galore to the others in proximity but cannot. Instead my mind turns to lesser things than the expected feeling that comes with the forms. I've made concrete decision in my mind at this point, because I am disappointed with the seek for inspiration, making these decision as concrete as warming ice. What does it mean to look for this thing that makes you want to run to the walls and see what sticks?

What we do is we create them. We close our eyes and make them real. There is no shame in this, only satisfaction. If we are able to bring them into this world, we are makers. We are the most divine of all beings. We take, twist and mutilate elements in hopes to bring reverence or understanding. Both of these are selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment